Older Macs running 10.75 and newer laptops running 10.9, OnePassword two versions and Chrome.

Options
Shane Dixon
Shane Dixon
Community Member

I have an older Mac Pro station stuck at Mac OS 10.7.5 needing OnePassword 3.9. (4.x cannot install) and my newer Mac Pro laptop running Mac OS 10.9 needs to use the 4.x release. I use Chrome 98% of the time and all computers are synced to my google account. So every time I use one or the other workstation, Chrome extensions settings replicate to each station. On the newer Mac , I get the 3.9 install extension enabled and have to disable it and enable the 4.x extension and then things work. As soon as I use the desktop machine, I have to disable 4.x and enable 3.9 for it to work. Thus creating a cycle where I have to micro manage your software every time I sit down to work at each station.

Please release a universal plugin that will support the older 3.9 software as well as the 4.x !!

If anyone knows a way around this, please let me know.

Comments

• Hey Shane,

1Password 3 and 1Password 4 require a different version of the extension. The version 3 extension is not compatible with 1Password 4, and the version 4 extension is not compatible with 1Password 3. Unfortunately there's no way around it. So to have each extension only where you need it, you'll need to disable extension sync in Chrome.

• Shane Dixon
    Shane Dixon
    Community Member
    Options

Will older macs limited to 10.7.5 OS be able to run 1Password4 ?

• Jasper
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hey Shane,

1Password 4 requires Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or 10.9 (Mavericks).

From 1Password 3 Upgrade & Migration Questions:

When we look at all the improvements Apple provided in Mountain Lion and the great new features in Mavericks, we were really excited to be able to use all of them.

1Password 4 uses new technology in 10.8 that simply isn't available in previous versions of OS X.

Which is likely why AgileBits allowed 1P3 and 1P4 to be used together:

1Password 4 for Mac can sync its data with 1Password 3 for Mac using Dropbox so there’s no issue using both. Access all your data, even on Macs that cannot be upgraded to Mountain Lion.

But unfortunately they use a different browser extension, so syncing one extension between Chrome on different Macs running different version of 1Password won't work.

This discussion has been closed.