Password Generator Blank

Options
mattberg
mattberg
Community Member

When I attempt to generate a password using 1pass mini, Safari or Firefox plugins, or the main app itself the generated password field is just blank.
I'm on OS X 10.8.5 running 1Password 4.0.5.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @mattberg. I must say this is my first encounter with this problem, which of course won't stop me from trying to help you fix it. :)

When you first open 1P mini and Password Generator is the password field empty?

Or is there initially a password there (like in that image), then it goes blank when you try to generate a new one? Maybe you can post an image of what you're seeing?

Are you running 1P4 in a different language and, if so, which is it?

Finally, for the moment, have you restarted your system since noticing this problem?

Thanks for helping figure out what's wrong so I can better help you make it right. :)

• mattberg
    mattberg
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, thanks for getting back to me. Here's what it looks like:

I'm running it in English.
    Here's what happens in the extensions, or the mini: When I first click it and then hover over the "password generator" so that it's highlighted nothing happens. The little flyout doesn't appear. If I then rollover something else such as "logins" and then go back over the password generator the flyout will appear, but it'll be blank like in the shot above. Fill or copy/paste does nothing since there's nothing in the field to fill or copy, and if I try to change the length, digits, symbols or anything then it crashes.

Now for the fun bit. If I hover over the blank password field, a little yellow tooltip box appears that DOES have a generated password in it. But there's no way to fill or copy it.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

• I have never seen anything like this before. Thank you very much for the screenshot!

Were you able to submit the crash report?

• mattberg
    mattberg
    Community Member
    Options

I did submit a crash report, yes. I can send another one.
    Here's a shot of the desktop app as well after trying to generate one through there:

If I hold option, the password field is actually blank.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mattberg,

Thanks for submitting those crash reports, and for including the screenshots to illustrate your issue. I'm curious, has upgrading to the latest version (4.0.8 for MAS and 4.0.9 for web store) done anything to help?

• mattberg
    mattberg
    Community Member
    Options

I just upgraded to 4.0.8, but unfortunately it didn't seem to have any effect on the issue.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi, @mattberg. I'm sorry the 4.0.8 update hasn't cured this peculiar problem.

Could you send us a Diagnostics Report so we can get more details that could help to isolate and resolve this? Instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but please do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, Matt ( @mattberg ).

I've noticed in your email correspondence with Kyle that installing a beta release has resolved your issue (nice!) so I'm going to close this topic.

This discussion has been closed.