Is this possible?

Options
DTM
DTM
Community Member

I have 1PW4 on iMac & iPhone doing the sync via iCloud that works mostly. I also have 1PW3 on a MacBook Pro running Lion OS (10.7.5)

I would like to take my current 1PW password files so the MacBook can use them. Can I take the 1PW4 file (where is it?) and copy it to the Macbook? I don't use the MacBook to make new passwords, but would like to access the current ones I do have in4.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, you can do that by using folder sync with 1P4 on the iMac. It's not really "sync" but will generate an agilekeychain file in the folder you nominate on your iMac which you can then transfer to (and which can be read by) your MacBook Pro running 1P3.

(The file on your iMac will be kept in sync with 1P4 on your iMac so at any time you can transfer it to the MacBook Pro knowing it's up to date.)

I hope that helps.

Stephen

• DTM
    DTM
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks I got it onto my old MacBook Pro. The Safari extension for 3 gives me an error of database problem. Gresh install from 1PW3 Preferences too. But I can deal with copy & paste from the main 1PW3 app.

Thanks again.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

Try a restart of the Mac or a simple log out / in should suffice. Making sure to unlock the 1Password app. Then try the extension again.

This help document may also prove useful. Troubleshooting browser extensions

• DTM
    DTM
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks thightower (love to hear the back story of that name :) ) I did that this. Same database error. Don't mind the copy & paste strategy for this computer, The MacBook Pro is mostly for early morning wakeup with coffee - then into home office. Saving all passwords to Apple Keychain in the meantime.

Thanks for you time an input

• Jasper
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hey @DTM,

Try this possible fix:

"Problem with database" in v3 extension in Safari on OS X Mavericks

I realize that you're not using Mavericks, but it's worth a try.

(Also, don't think there's any backstory to @THightower's username. I believe his last name is Hightower and first name starts with "T", haha.)

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

Yep. Tom Hightower it is.

• DTM
    DTM
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

@JasperP - that worked. Thanks so much.

And @thightower - real name -still good story.

Thank you both for truly solving my problem

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @DTM.

Since your issue's been resolved with some fine help from other guys I'll close this topic now. Please start another if there's anything else we can help you with. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.