1P4 Saved Form Details NOT Viewable on Mac Application

Options
CCampling
CCampling
Community Member

I have recently upgraded to 1P4 and have noticed that on a number of records, where I have created a username/password with additional 'saved form details' are not fully visible in the 1P4 Mac application.
The username and password are fully visible, but the saved form details are not.
These additional fields were used to store additional password data where the site would reply with enter characters 1, 5, 7 from your password.
However, these additional fields 'saved form details' are viewable in the application 1P4 that is running on the iPad.
The button 'Show web form details' shows certain fields but NOT all.
The 1P4 file is synched via Dropbox between the Mac, iPad, and phone (Android).

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CCampling,

The web form details (or 'saved form details on iOS) are not editable fields. These fields are used by the extension to fill in fields on the website. If you would like to save additional data in your Login, please create separate custom fields.

• CCampling
    CCampling
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I understand that the saved form details are read only on the iOS application. The issue is however that I can not see them on the full Mac version. The only place they are visible is on the iOS version which i have to use in conjunction with the full Mac version where i am attempting to log in to a web page on the Mac.
    The Show Web Form button (on the Mac application) shows fields linked to the log-on but does not show any of the saved form details visible on the iOS application.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CCampling,

Thanks for clarifying that for me - I'm sorry for misunderstanding your situation.

It sounds to me like sync might not be behaving properly. Let's test it out: If you edit one of these items that are not showing the details on your iOS device (say, add a note), does the edit sync properly to your Mac?

• CCampling
    CCampling
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan, I added a note to the offending record on the iPad and this synced across to the Mac version correctly, via Dropbox.
    I should say also, that this is not the only record that is effected by this issue.
    I recently upgraded from 1Password3 to 4 and in 3 used these fields extensively. They are still viewable on the iOS application but not on the 1P4 Mac application.
    I have re-installed the 1P3 Mac application and the fields are still visible.
    I have taken some screen shots of one of the effected items and can send these through if this will help.

• CCampling
    CCampling
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan, further to above, I have tried a work around by giving the additional fields names (previously there were three fields without names but with content). I named them Custom 1, 2, and 3. As before the rename, custom 1 and 2 were not displayed, but custom 3, the last of the fields, was displayed.

• CCampling
    CCampling
    Community Member
    Options

Last one tonight @Megan, I have created a new login in 1P3, gave it four dummy fields. On this record, all four fields were then viewable in 1P4??? I don't understand why this should work fine but the existing log-ons do not display correctly. I don't really want to re-create all the logons with multiple fields.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CCampling,

Thanks for confirming that for me. It certainly sounds like there might be a bug somewhere. Don't worry, we'll do our best to find a solution that does not involve you re-creating a bunch of logins!

Could you try quitting 1Password (and 1Password Mini) and re-starting your computer? Just to see if that kickstarts a proper sync. :) If not, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• CCampling
    CCampling
    Community Member
    Options

Done. Thanks for your assistance. Shall await the outcome.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @CCampling.

Thanks for sending the report. We'll be working with you on this through email now, where I've replied suggesting to start with Configuring Sophos and see if that makes any difference.

• CCampling
    CCampling
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I have looked at the 1P4 and Sophos. This is a procedure that I completed a while ago as 1P4 would not fill passwords without these Sophos changes. The setting has been verified and the 1P4 can still not view these fields.
    I was only using 1P3 at the same time as 1P4 to view the fields that were not viewable in 1P4.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @CCampling.

Thanks for the followup. Let's figure this out in email. Attaching the screenshots you mentioned in post #5 to a reply to my previous message would be helpful. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.