1Password 4.0.9 doesnt fill out information in Firefox Popup

Options
jothirams
jothirams
Community Member

Hello

Some websites show a popup window in Firefox to login. When I use 1Password 4.0.9, it recognizes the website but it is not able to fill the credentials.

This works with LastPass. I havent tried with previous versions of 1Password.

-Joe

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @jothirams.

Do you mean this HTTP Authentication type of popup window?

It isn't supported in 1Password 4 because, as @MikeT has mentioned:

this is dependent on the browsers allowing this via their APIs, not 1Password. We're hearing that they may have made some progress but we don't know how far yet. We'll investigate this in the near future to see if it is possible.

If it's some other type of popup window could you please post an example image so we can see what that looks like? Thanks!

• jothirams
    jothirams
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @oversoul,

yes, it is such a window only.

You can see the image here

PS: LastPass is able to fill this popup. Can you check why this is a limitation in 1Password.

Best
    Joe

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the followup and image, Joe ( @jothirams ).

It's possible (still unconfirmed) that LastPass is doing something they maybe shouldn't do to support basic/HTTP Authentication with Firefox. If that's true we don't intend to do something similar with 1Password to support it. I'll see if I can get more specific information about this.

There's relatively recent related discussion: here. A lot is covered in posts from @MikeT (#4) and @Uno_Lavoz (#13).

I hope that's helpful.

This discussion has been closed.