Can't Get Started

Options

I just downloaded the program for Windows (7) but the icon for the program gives me three options, "Create new 1Password Date...", "Open exiting 1Password Data...", or "Restore 1Password Data from Backup." How do I get to where I can fill in my data and input options?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi, @fitzworld, and thanks for your interest in 1Password for Windows!

Those questions might seem less confusing if you think of it this way: You're in roughly the same position as if you'd just installed Word, and it offered you the chance to create a new document, open an existing document, or restore a document from a backup. 1Password has to store your Logins and other saved items somewhere, but it doesn't want to start you from scratch (the "create new" option) if you already have 1Password data somewhere (the "open existing" and "restore from backup" options). I hope the analogy clears things up, a little.

We always recommend new users take a look at the "Introduction," "Getting Started," and "Tutorials" sections of the user's guide, accessible from the Help menu AND in the Support area of our web site. They'll only take a few minutes to read, and they give you the very shortest path to getting to work with 1Password for Windows. As you use the program, we think you'll find the articles in the "FAQ" section useful, too.

After you've had a chance to look them over, please let us know if you have any questions—we'll be glad to help!

This discussion has been closed.