Questions about licensing among multiple platforms.

Options
Bill Sweeney
Bill Sweeney
Community Member

Hi there,
I'm trying to figure out if I should go down the 1password route. I have three PCs, an iPhone and an iPad, and am tired of trying to get all my passwords in sync using another vault system and Dropbox. While your product sounds great, I'm confused as to how it is licensed. Do I need to buy one license for each system and iDevice, or will one purchase cover all of my devices, based on my user login? Also, how best could I tie in the shared DB aspect with my wife, who has one PC, an iPad, a Kindle Fire, and an Android phone?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Bill,

Thanks for considering 1Password as your password and precious information protector! I'll do my best to answer your questions here.

1Password licenses are platform-specific, so you will need a separate license for the Windows and iOS devices. At this point, 1Password exists for Android only in a free Reader app, but we are working on a shiny new version which is just about ready to start beta testing!

If you and your wife both want separate databases in 1Password, your best value is a family license, which will allow you and up to 4 other family members to install 1Password for Windows on as many PCs as you use. You can check out the available licensing options here: https://agilebits.com/store. Any license for 1Password for Windows purchased now will be eligible for a free upgrade to 1Password 4 for Windows when it is released (this also just entered beta testing!) You can get the equivalent of a family license for the 1Password iOS app by using the same AppleID to install 1Password 4 for iOS on all your iOS 6+ compatible devices.

As you can see, there are a lot of exciting new things coming to 1Password soon, and we'd love to have you join us! If you decide to get started with 1Password, please send me a copy of your receipt for the Windows family license to support+social@ agilebits .com and I just might be able to help you a bit with the iOS app purchase. :)

This discussion has been closed.