1P4 crashes when accessing 1P3 data base in non-standard location

Options
a_kleczkowski
a_kleczkowski
Community Member

I need to keep my data base in a non-standard location, not in Dropbox; 1P3 was happy with any location.

I have just installed 1P4, went through the new user screen, clicked 'On my Mac', pointed to the 1Password.agilekeychain generated by 1P3. 1P4 accepts the file but after password is typed, it crashes.

Moreover, when I reopen it, it presents an empty data base (but uses the old password!).

I deleted the entries in ~/Library/Containers, restarted with 1P3 data base in Dropbox, it works without problem - hence the problem is with 1P4 and not with the data base. It is only if the data base is located somewhere else, there is a problem.

It used to work so well in 1P3. Why did I bother paying $40?

Adam

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @a_kleczkowski,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

The version of 1Password purchased from the Mac App Store is subject to some strict sandboxing guidelines which can cause conflicts with non-standard keychain locations, but if you purchased 1Password 4 from the AgileBits website, there shouldn't be any issue. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.