Trying to open 1Password mini, tells the beta build expired, and I need install latest beta build.

Options
Mappy
Mappy
Community Member

I didn't even enable beta versions.

I tried to reinstall 1Password, but I had the "free" version, the one where you could only have so many passwords.

It isn't up for download on the site anymore and the only way to download it is through the Mac Apple Store, of which I don't have $50.00 for a single program.

What do I do?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Does the solution here (post #33 in that thread) help you?

Stephen

• @Stephen_C is right. For completeness I'll repost my answer from another thread below.

The "Beta Build Expired" message accidentally appeared in version 4.0.2 and is fixed in the latest version. Please see sjk's post for upgrade instructions for confirmed steps on how to fix this and my follow up comment for and explanation of what happened.

• mrwally
    mrwally
    Community Member
    Options

Post #33 in the "Beta Build Expired" thread states that "If you are a Mac App Store customer this is unnecessary." I'm a Mac App Store customer and would like to know how to "fix" my "Beta Build Expired" message. Do I follow the advice in post 33 or do I need to do something different?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mrwally,

Could you check something for me? In the dock, is your app titled 1Password, or 1Password 4? If you see 1Password 4, then you are using a copy from our website, and you'll need to follow the instructions above to get rid of that message.

(If your app is titled 1Password, please let me know - we haven't yet seen this message in a Mac App Store version!)

• Mappy
    Mappy
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for taking so long to respond guys, but it worked.

Thank you all so much!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mappy,

I'm so glad this got you all sorted out :) If you have any further questions, we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.