Is 1Password 4 For Mac Compatible With OS X Mavericks?

Options
2»

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @OzzieOne.

Which version of 1P4 are you running and are there specific sites where autofill sometimes misbehaves?

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    Options

I was (am) having a similar problem. I would autofill - but only after a (approximately) 10 second delay. I tried Megan's suggestion to turn off animation and the delay went away. However now autofill works, but autosubmit doesn't. Hardly the end of the world, I can press the submit button myself :-) but of course autosubmit should work as well.

I have completely uninstalled 1Password and the extension rebooted etc a couple of times, but the problem persists.

Dave Ings

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Dave ( @ings ),

Thanks for mentioning that disabling Animate form filling worked around the autofill delay (presumably with the current (4.0.1) Safari extension). Is autosubmit generally failing or if it's with specific sites maybe you can post some examples? Also, which version of 1P4 are you running?

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Autosubmit is generally failing. I'm running the most recent version of 1P4 as posted to the Apple store, and (AFAIK) the most recent plugin. When I get a chance I'd be glad to post a couple of examples, but it's failing on mainstream sites (e.g. Bell Canada).

Like I said, not the end of the world, but there's a problem hiding somewhere here!

Dave Ings

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the followup, Dave ( @ings ),

With Safari 6.1 on 10.8.5 here, autofill and autosubmit both work in the "Log in" popup from the https://mybell.bell.ca page and also directly on the https://mybell.bell.ca/Login page. I'll check later if there's a difference on 10.9.

Feel free to few more URLs for us to test with if it's convenient. I can be helpful to have a mix of cases where autofill/autosave are/aren't reproducible. Thanks!

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    Options

I'm running Safari 7.0 on 10.9. But all my logins were saved using Firefox on Windows 8.1 and then synced via your Dropbox support.

Some logins have started working for me, but not consistently. Oddly enough, the auto submit seems to work better if Apple's new cross-device keychain support first prompts me if I want to save the login information. But the behaviour is inconsistent so I wouldn't make too much of this.

But here's one where auto submit doesn't work for me at all, although it works fine on Windows: https://secure.opentable.com/login.aspx

Dave Ings

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey Dave,

If you'd like to try it, here's a package installer for a tiny script that gives Autosubmit an extra kick to help it work with more sites:

1PasswordAutosubmit.pkg

It makes a difference in my testing with https://secure.opentable.com/login.aspx.

• jdelgadoesteban
    jdelgadoesteban
    Community Member
    Options

I will not upgrade, in fact there is a way of downgrading to the previous version? After using 1Password for years I am very disappointed with the last upgrade. Passwords won't get filled in, saving new logins only saves the password and not the user name, editing login takes you back to the whole list of logins rather than the one you want to edit etc etc, the list is just to big. Since the last upgrade I am using more and more iCloud.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jdelgadoesteban,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're frustrated with the latest upgrade. I'd love to help you getting things running more smoothly, if you'd like.

Passwords won't get filled in

Here are some suggestions to make your filling life easier:

• Our support article 1Password fails to fill data outlines some common filling troubles.
    • If you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, please install the autosubmit package that @sjk mentioned above
    • Finally, in many situations, disabling 'Animate form filling' helps.

saving new logins only saves the password and not the user name

To save new Logins with all the appropriate information, please try this:

• Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

If that doesn't work, could you let us know the site's address so we can test it?

editing login takes you back to the whole list of logins rather than the one you want to edit

This is a known issue that our developers are working hard to squash. I truly apologize for the inconvenience here, I know this is not a fun one. The good news though is that it seems to happen only when the main app is closed. If you keep the main app open you can avoid this while our developers search for a proper solution.

Of course, if you'd prefer to downgrade, you can get a legacy copy of 1Password 3 for Mac here: http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/legacy_versions.html.

This discussion has been closed.