Double instance of 1password mini

Options
YendiCohen
YendiCohen
Community Member

Hi,

Since I upgrade from Beta to the MAS I have 2 instances of 1password mini: I installed the MAS version, then deleted the beta app.
Now I have 2 menubar icon, both working, and even after a reboot both stay there...

Any help?

Thanks

Comments

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

I had double icons in the menu bar as well. I just clicked on the old one and then on quit. That got rid of it, the new one remained and once the Safari extension was removed and the new one installed everything worked.

• YendiCohen
    YendiCohen
    Community Member
    Options

Have reinstalled the extension but no luck...

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

On one of those icons do you have a quit command in the menu.

• YendiCohen
    YendiCohen
    Community Member
    Options

I have 2 icon, one with icons in the menu, the othe one without icons in the menu (aka the old one)
    When I quit the "beta" icon, it quit the whole 1 password + both 1 password mini.
    When I quit the "MAS" icon, it only quit 1 password and 1 password mini, but leave the "beta" icon...

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

I don't have the beta - just installed "4" on my iMac today, how do I know which icon is the new or the old - am afraid to delete either until I'm sure....probably easy answer, right?

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

Click on both they will look very different. The old one will have a quit command.

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

oh, I do have a
    "quit" option on one of the icons....is that old? or, is that the new icon? hard to tell since both icons are exact, just the dropdown options are different....thx

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

The new one doesn't have a quit. The drop down options should also look very different.

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

ok - finally got the old one removed. but now, can't seem to install "4" on Safari - have uninstalled "3" on Safari already???? Obviously, I didn't follow the "dummy" directions - have 4 on FF though...

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

You shouldn't have had to uninstall anything but the Safari extension. If you can get the app open click on install browser extensions and you should get the Safari page with download and the instructions will follow.

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

got it now,thanks

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, @pappjo. Much thanks for helping @tuni12 resolve the issues! Were any of @pappjo's suggestions helpful for you, @YendiCohen?

• YendiCohen
    YendiCohen
    Community Member
    Options

Problem solved, thanks !

• Great, thanks for the update!

• David Von Der Vring
    Options

Hi, I also habe the same problem with two 1password mini. Unfortunately they both look identical and they both work. The only difference is that one says at the top: Install safari extension (I am not sure that this is exactly what it will say in the english version but it should be close enough).

I made a reboot and they both came back. Any ideas?

Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi David,

I'm sorry to hear that you've got too many keys in your menu bar. We have an article here on how to migrate from the beta to the release version here. I think it might help get rid of that extra key. Please pay particular attention to the "I deleted the beta and installed the release version, now I’m seeing issues" paragraph.

If you need a bit more help than the article provides, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

David if you click on both of them they should look quite different. The old one will have "quit" at the bottom. Click quit and it should disappear. It will not come back, the new one will still be there.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi David,

I hope you were able to resolve your problem. Please let us know if you do still need help with this or anything else. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.