Dropbox Sync Issue

Options
churnd
churnd
Community Member

Using 4.0.9. On my Macbook Air, somewhere along the way, Dropbox syncing stopped working. I wasn't aware until I looked for a login I created on my Mac Pro that wasn't there on the Air. I tried resetting the sync settings & setting them up again, but got the attached error:

I don't want to wipe out the database on the Air because I'm not sure when it stopped working. Help?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi, @churnd.

I'd like to apologize for the delay in replying about this problem you've having with Dropbox syncing. We've been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac and are all working hard to get back to our usual snappy responses.

Unless you've already done it, please start by restarting your MacBook Air. Then retry configuring Dropbox sync and if it's successful check if syncing works properly again.

If you're still having trouble after that we'd like to work with you in email to get this resolved as quickly as possible. To do that please send a Diagnostics Report from your Mac that's having the problem; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. Thank you!

• churnd
    churnd
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @sjk, this is embarrassing but turns out Dropbox wasn't running on my Mac Pro. I blame Bartender.app because the icon is usually hidden. I didn't even think to check that because it's always running. D'oh! Everything's sync'd up now. Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries, @churnd. My week's started with more d'oh! moments than I want to admit. :)

Good to hear your problem's resolved and that it was an easy fix. Thanks for letting me know.

Bartender is certainly one of my favorite utility apps for OS X, even if its Bartender Bar is responsible for occasionally not noticing more quickly something isn't running that's intended to be.

Enjoy your holidays!

This discussion has been closed.