Options
George Higgins
George Higgins
Community Member

I would give some important part of my body to be able to log-in from a web page on iOS without leaving the page as I can from a browser on my lap top. Is that in the works?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Apple won't allow the direct connections to Mobile Safari that you (and lots of the rest of us!) would like. There is a built-in web browser in 1Password that helps with this, but I agree that it isn't the same.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

As @hawkmoth mentioned, entering your logins in Mobile Safari isn't possible the way it is using 1Password on a computer, because we can't install a browser extension on iOS.

Although using 1Browser (the built-in web browser in 1Password for iOS) isn't quite the same as using Mobile Safari, there are a couple suggestions that might help, in case you weren't already aware:

If a site doesn't work the same way in 1Browser as it does in Safari, you can change the user agent (1Password > Settings > 1Browser > User Agent). For example, if you're using an iPhone you can change this to "Safari (iPhone)" so the sites you browse think you're using Safari. This doesn't always make a big difference depending on the site, but it can help if a site generally works differently in Safari than it does in 1Browser. Please note that after changing the user agent, you'll need to close and reopen the site for the change to take effect.

Something else that might help is the ability to Open the current Mobile Safari site in 1Browser or to Search 1Password from Mobile Safari

Not ideal of course, and it would be easier if it could work the same way as it does on a computer, but maybe these suggestions will make things a bit more convenient.

This discussion has been closed.