1Password freezes up after exiting program

Options
tainscow
tainscow
Community Member

After going to a saved website using 1Password, if I press the menu button on my iPad rather than hitting the "Close" icon first, then when I try to open 1Password again the window freezes in a 90degree position and it's impossible to continue using 1Password.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tainscow,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty with 1Password, and I'll do my best to get this sorted just as soon as possible! I am going to need a bit more information from you though:

• What version of 1Password are you currently using?
    • Which menu button are you referring to? (The button below the iPad screen is generally referred to as the 'Home' button.)

If you can provide us some detailed steps that lead to this error, it could help us reproduce it on our end. This will make tracking the issue down much easier. :)

• tainscow
    tainscow
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I meant the "Home" button. How do I check which version? I think I've kept it updated. On my iMac it's version 3.8.21.

• tainscow
    tainscow
    Community Member
    Options

Here's what just happened. I opened 1Password and clicked on my Amazon account and it opened up okay. Then I had to go to another room to check some information. When I returned to my iPad after a few minutes it had closed down. I pressed the "Home" button and when the screen lit up the 1Password window had frozen in the portrait mode as opposed to the landscape mode I had been using. I can move the contents of each of the two windows up and down, but nothing else works.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tainscow,

Thanks for getting back to us with that information! You can check you version by going to 1Password > Settings. I'd also like to ask you to take a screenshot of this screen the next time it freezes on you. Thanks for your patience as we sort this out :)

• tainscow
    tainscow
    Community Member
    Options

It's version 3.7.2. How do I take a screen shot?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tainscow,

You can take a screenshot by pressing the 'Home' button and the 'Hold/Lock' button (at the top right of the device) at the same time.

• tainscow
    tainscow
    Community Member
    Options

I've taken the screen shot and copied it, but I can't paste it into this comment box..
    I only get two options:- "Select" or "Select All", not "Paste". Do you have an email address I can send it to?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tainscow,

You can save the screenshot to a service like Dropbox or Droplr and link the URL here, or you can email the screenshot to support+forum@ agilebits .com. Please include a link to this discussion when you do, so it's easier for us to connect the dots. :)

• tainscow
    tainscow
    Community Member
    Options

I'll send you an email

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @tainscow,

We'll follow up directly via email so that things don't get muddled up between here and there :)

• tainscow
    tainscow
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, I look forward to receiving your email.

This discussion has been closed.