Don't be going all iOS7-y on us

JohnrC
JohnrC
Community Member

Is this the place for new feature requests (or new feature avoidance requests)?

Many of us are terribly disappointed with the look of iOS7. Minimalism is nice, but going from tastefully shaded objects and graphics to flat, washed out, boring-as-spit stick figures is the antithesis of why we use iOS and not Android or Windows mobile. Apple did UI's better than anyone which gave it that extra 'magic'. That's all gone now.

I understand that Apple requires its developers to choose whether or not they want to switch to the iOS7 'look' after which it's impossible to go back. Please don't go there. UI and graphics of 1password are beautiful. A major factor in the decision to go with your products. It would be very sad to see it all disappear.

Comments

• Everyone
    Everyone
    Community Member

I'll tell you right now that they'll go at least halfway there, and probably all the way. AgileBits is at the forefront of following Apple's design guidelines.

Besides, iOS 7 is beautifully minimalistic so not everyone shares your view.

• JohnrC
    JohnrC
    Community Member

Subjective opinions aside for a moment, the issue is the substantial change. Suppose for a moment that a main reason for buying that expensive luxury car was because you liked the way it looked. But while you were sleeping, Jaguar took out the lovely leather interior, replaced it with a "beautifully minimalistic" bench. Put a box over the aesthetically pleasing body shape. Some people like benches and boxes. But for others it's very likely not why they purchased a Jaguar. There are much less expensive bench box cars to be had.

There's a fundamental principle of an agreement: you don't change the agreement in the middle of it. Unless all parties agree. Sure I agreed to the fact that they could change. But this is extreme.

So far at least one developer I've checked with is of the same mind. Perhaps if enough agree we might still have a semblance of the thing we invested in.

• Everyone
    Everyone
    Community Member

Subjective opinions aside for a moment:

[subjective opinion]

"k"

• TattooedMac
    TattooedMac
    Community Member

Honestly, i agree that iOS 7 is beautifully minimalistic, with exception to Note's and Calendar . . They Boo Booed with them :(
    But i can be sure that just like Procreate 2.0, the App for sketching/drawing/painting, 1Password will make the iOS App gel beautifully with iOS 7. Its not hard to do, so look up Procreate and you will see, App Makers, that make App for their Customers, will do the right thing by them.

It can be done, and Procreate is the perfect example of that. . .

This discussion has been closed.