Incomplete sync, Dropbox

Options
kingsley
kingsley
Community Member
edited November 2013 in iOS

Hi,

I have a sync problem - some 1Password data on my Mac (4.0.8) does not sync with that on my iPhone (4.3.2). I am using Dropbox. Please help. Thanks.

Regards,
Kingsley

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kingsley,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties getting 1Password synced up.

I'd like you to try disabling and then re-enabling Dropbox sync on your iOS device. Does this get all your items synced up?

If not, please tell me a bit more about this missing data: are you missing particular categories or folders? Or is it just random entries?

• kingsley
    kingsley
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

I tried disabling and re-enabling Dropbox sync and the issue still persist.

I notice that the IOS app fails to sync data that were entered on or after 8 Nov 2013. All my previous data are properly synced. This happens to both my iPhone and iPad Mini.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Kingsley

• kingsley
    kingsley
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Terry,

I never use iCloud sync so don't think it's the source of problem.

Regards,
    Kingsley

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kingsley,

I'm curious. If the same data is missing on both your iPhone and your iPad, have you made any significant changes to your database on your Mac recently (such as syncing a secondary vault to Dropbox)? Just to get a better idea of your 1Password ecosystem, I'd love to see a Diagnostic Report from your Mac:

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• kingsley
    kingsley
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

Report sent. Fingers crossed :)

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Kingsley

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kingsley,

Thanks for sending that Report along. Our support team is pretty great, I'm sure they'll find a solution for you. We'll follow up directly via email though, just so we don't get things confused between here and there. :)

This discussion has been closed.