"Could not enable iCloud. Failed to load profile." in iOS 7 beta

Smudge
Smudge
Community Member
edited August 2013 in iOS

I'm wondering if there is a hidden debug log for 1P 4.2.4 on iOS?

The reason I'm needing one is that I'm having an issue with iCloud syncing in general after upgrading to iOS7 beta. It first appeared when using the Downcast app and I've been working with their support to review logs and determine why it can't sync. One of their requests is to see if other apps are able to sync to iCloud so I tried 1Password.

Normally I don't have 1P syncing to iCloud but only via Dropbox. In the iCloud Documents and Data section, 1P was not listed and didn't have any existing documents in the cloud. When I enabled iCloud sync in 1P, it failed. It gives me the error message "Could not enable iCloud. Failed to load profile".

So, I'm hoping there is some kind of detailed log available that might help to shed some light on my iCloud issues.

Thanks

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

This is a known issue in iOS 7. Try toggling "Documents & Data" off and back on. If you're still having trouble, please email us your diagnostics so we can better assist you: Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting > Email Diagnostics

We're here to help. :)

• Smudge
    Smudge
    Community Member

Thanks! That worked great. Whatever it does resets the issue in the cloud as my other devices and apps (like Downcast) started working again.

So, you say this is a known issue. Is it known to just your team or by chance do you have a link to a forum thread in the Apple Dev forums about this? I looked thru their forums and couldn't find anything about this.

Thanks

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I don't have a link to anything on Apple's site offhand, but I know we've seen a handful of cases where this happened and simply toggling "Documents & Data" resolved it. I'm glad that did the trick for you too. :)

• pfflynn
    pfflynn
    Community Member

I was able to resolve the same problem by simply uninstalling/reinstalling. Selected iCloud syncing once I reinstalled and off it went.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting us know that everything is working well. :)

• dtrain
    dtrain
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Running iOS 7.0.2 on an iPad mini. I've tried toggling Documents and Data off and on, uninstalling and reinstalling, and restarting the iPad, in various combinations. Nothing's worked so far. iCloud syncing works fine on my other devices, though. Any other ideas?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

hi @dtrain,

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

IOS: Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting > Email Diagnostics

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• PassItOn
    PassItOn
    Community Member
    edited November 2013

I'm having the same problem with 1password on iPhone 5s iOS 7.1. I have had this problem sense iOS 7 was released. However, I don't have this issue on my iPad mini running iOS 7.1. Syncing to iCloud. P.S. I have tried all the suggestions on this forum and the problem still exist.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Sorry that you're having some trouble, @PassItOn. Have you emailed us your diagnostics as requested a couple times above? I couldn't find an email from the address you used to sign up here on the forum anywhere in our inbox.

We would love to resolve this for you if you send us the diagnostics. :)

Here again for your convenience are the instructions for this:

In the 1Password app on your device, tap: Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting > Email Diagnostics

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.