Problem setting up 1P on new IPad

Options
mskopel
mskopel
Community Member

Hello,

I've been using 1P for a while on an iPad, syncing with Dropbox. With a new IPad, I've downloaded 1P from the app store and when 1P comes up, it shows that it is checking with iCloud then prompts me for my password but will not accept it. I set up the iPad as a new installation not from an old backup. How can I tell 1P that I want to sync via Dropbox before I can even login?

Thanks.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mskopel,

It sounds like 1Password found some data in iCloud. Let's try re-installing the app again, with one extra step:

• Tap & hold on the 1Password icon on the home screen. It will begin to move slightly, and an x will appear on the corner.
    • Tap the x on 1Password, and confirm the deletion.
    • Press the Home button to stop the other apps on your screen from moving.
    • Delete the Data on iCloud (if it exists): http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Tutorials/ios-reset-data.html
    • Restart your iOS device
    • Now, visit the App Store on your device, and tap the Purchased section (on iPhone, Purchased is nested within Updates).
    • Find 1Password in your purchase history and tap the cloud icon to re-download, free of charge.

• When you open 1Password 4 for the first time, select "I've Used 1Password Before" and sync via Dropbox

This should get things sorted out for you!

• mskopel
    mskopel
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

Yes that was the problem, I must have played with iCloud sync when the feature first came out. When I realized that, I was able to login to 1Password on my iPad using the old password then change the settings to sync via Dropbox. Thanks for your help.

Michael

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Michael ( @mskopel ),

I'm so glad to hear that those instructions got things working for you - if you run into any further snags, we're here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.