1password started on iPhone4; will not transfer to Mac

I downloaded the 1password app on my iPhone and thought it was moderately useful. A friend told me it would be more helpful if I synced it to my desktop through Dropbox, which I already had. I didn't want to spend the $40 on the desktop app if I didn;t care for it, so I downloaded the trial version of 1password.

I can't get the two to sync. All of the instructions contemplate starting with the desktop. There are no instructions on how to sync when starting on the iPhone. (BTW, the Dropbox functionality on the iPhone is completely useless when it comes to 1password, as I cannot make anything as a Dropbox "favorite" when I am in another program. Like 1password. So I can't sync.)

Really, I'm puzzled by all the hype. Can anyone tell me how to connect the master account on the IPHONE with the (brand new( desktop version? Also, the website did not say what made the test version the test version. Is it limited in time, in number of passwords, or...? This just doesn't seem to be really well organized.

--Susan

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited August 2010
    Susan also you dont need to mark anything as a fav in the dropbox app for the sync to work. The dropbox api retreives everthing from the dropbox serers. Which aleviates the need to mark something as a fav especially sine you cannot mark a folder s a fav. Which is in a nut shell what the agilekeychain is. Just a housing for all of the individual items you have stored.
This discussion has been closed.