Problems with Rogers account

Options
rappar
rappar
Community Member

I do not know if this is a problem caused by Rogers or not. Recently, when I have tried to log into my Rogers account, I see only my username installed, I have to type in my password. Before, both were installed. I think there is also a change in the Rogers site in that now, it seems to come up as a general page before it goes to the page needing username and password.
In the past, sometimes if I quit the Rogers site and tired again, 1Password 4 Beta would put in my password. Now this never happens. Is there something I can do to fix this?
Thanks,
Ron

Comments

• @rappar Could you please post the URL of the login page you are experiencing trouble with?

• rappar
    rappar
    Community Member
    Options

Here is the URL. that I get now. Before it used to go straight to the logon page and enter both my username and password.
    https://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?logout=true

• Jasper
    edited November 2013
    Options

@rappar

It appears that the login page is located at: https://www.rogers.com/web/link/signin

Try visiting that page and save a new login following these instructions:

Saving a new Login manually

That should get 1Password to work properly with the site. Let me know how it goes! :D

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @rappar.

Was @JasperP's help helpful for getting a working form filling Login item for your Rogers account? :)

• rappar
    rappar
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the delay in getting back to comment. Yes, JasperP's instructions worked like a charm. I tried the same thing on a Banking site I have that always gives me a message about it being a bad bookmark. It did not work there but maybe this is a site that will never work.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @rappar.

Thanks for the followup. I've never seen a "bad bookmark" error. Is that happening when you try manually saving a Login item for the banking site? If you'd like to post its URL we'll take a look at it here. Thanks!.

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    Options

@JasperP, how did you find the "Saving a new Login manually" page
    learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/saving-logins-manually.html?

When I visit the 1Password 4 Knowledgebase I can't seem to see where it is.

Thank you,

David

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @DavidB.

You're correct; thanks for mentioning it. The Saving a new Login manually article, sometimes mentioned in forum posts like @JasperP's, isn't referenced from the main 1Password 4 Knowledgebase page. I'd also noticed that and it's now in our tracker to be fixed.

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk,

Sounds great--I hope whoever fixes it also looks to see if there are other articles that aren't listed on the Knowledgebase page.

David

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We'll do that, @DavidB.

There are more new KB articles popping up, e.g. 1Password 4 glossary.

• rappar
    rappar
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk

Here is the URL:
    https://www13.bmo.com/onlinebanking/MasterCard/MCmain/Password?product=15

The message I get is: "Invalid Bookmark. You cannot access online banking pages via a bookmark"

I had problems with this site before with an earlier version of 1Password. It is the only site that has always caused me problems. I tried the saving manually that had been suggested and appears to have worked for Rogers. It did nothing for this site. I get the exact same message.

Ron

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the URL, @rappar.

The "Invalid Bookmark" error is out of 1Password's hands, e.g. I can reproduce it simply by opening that URL using DEVONagent Pro:

Would it work to use this page as the starting point instead?

BMO Bank of Montreal Online Banking
    https://www1.bmo.com/onlinebanking/cgi-bin/netbnx/NBmain

Maybe as the first of a multi-page login chain?

• rappar
    rappar
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for this, I will try this over the next few days and let you know how things work out.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good, @rappar. I hope that's successful for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.