Delay before 1Password fills in fields

Options
richardjames
richardjames
Community Member

Why is their a delay of several seconds before 1Password fills in fields i.e. logs in, once you have chosen to do so by selecting to log in using the browser extension via the key symbol?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @richardjames,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

That's strange, in our testing here, things seem nice and speedy ... Are you using 1Password on an older computer? I'd like you to try disabling 'Animate form filling' in Preferences > Browsers and see if that helps. :)

• anovick
    anovick
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here, but not consistent. I have just observed that moving the mouse cursor over the 1P icon in the dock seems to break the logjam. I don;t even have to click the icon, simply hovering over it seems to do the trick.
    It would be nice if it was speedy quick and consistent like v3.

Any suggestions are welcome.

-alan

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @anovick.

If this autofill delay/hang happens with any specific site(s) can you post an example and the steps you're taking to reproduce it? And have you tried disabling Animate form filling, like @Megan suggested? Thanks in advance for any additional information that helps us figure out and fix this problem.

This discussion has been closed.