Missing Features Frustrations

Options
PensFan87
PensFan87
Community Member

Since upgrading to 1Password 4, I'm missing several features. Am I missing something, or are these simply missing?
1. Double-click on an entry in 1PW for Mac to enter Edit mode.
2. "Untagged" list (I tried search - didn't do what the old 'untagged' list did!).
3. Generate a new PW in an existing entry (e.g., to periodically change PWs). Used to be easy - can't find it now!
4. 'Submit when enabled' doesn't seem to work - my settings (Mac) are to submit, but that only works if I modify all 600+ entries to be "Always submit."
5. Browser Plugin Generate - Generate a new password when I don't like the one I'm given.

I also thought I would be able to create my own templates with commonly used features (e.g., security questions). I don't see a way to do that.

Please help - these issues are painful and I'm ready to explore other options!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @PensFan87,

I'm sorry to hear that you're missing things in 1Password 4! I'll do my best to explain things here:

1. Double-click on an entry in 1PW for Mac to enter Edit mode.

You're not the only one who misses this feature. We've sent a request in to the developers to bring it back. While I can't make any promises, it is being considered.

1. "Untagged" list (I tried search - didn't do what the old 'untagged' list did!).

To search for untagged items, try creating a new Smart Folder using these settings: 'Number of Tags' is '0'

1. Generate a new PW in an existing entry (e.g., to periodically change PWs). Used to be easy - can't find it now!

To generate a new password in an existing entry, simply click Edit and then click inside the password field. The password generator will come up and you can set the parameters for your new password. :)

1. 'Submit when enabled' doesn't seem to work - my settings (Mac) are to submit, but that only works if I modify all 600+ entries to be "Always submit."

If you purchased 1Password 4 from the Mac App Store, some sites may not submit initially. Please install this auto-submit package, and ensure that 'Automatically submit logins after filling' is checked in Preferences > Browsers.

1. Browser Plugin Generate - Generate a new password when I don't like the one I'm given.

Currently the password field is not editable in the extension or 1Password Mini. This is a feature we are looking at adding in the future. In the meantime, changing the password length will generate a new password for you.

I also thought I would be able to create my own templates with commonly used features (e.g., security questions). I don't see a way to do that.

There is not currently a fully custom category, but we have had several users requesting just such a thing. Again, I can't make promises on unreleased features, but I'll be sure to add your name to the list!

Thanks for the great feedback here, I do apologize that I don't have a perfect solution for every issue you mention, but please let me know if I can help any further.

This discussion has been closed.