The case of the disappearing software license data…

Options
semiotek
semiotek
Community Member

On upgrading to v4, all data in the category Software License has disappeared - might I be able to get it back?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

@semiotek

It sounds like a display issue. I have had a similar one recently also with Software.

If you are using Dropbox sync or folder syncing. Try installing 1Password 3 and pointing it at the keychain. Open it and verify the data is still present. In my case it was still present.

*There is no need to install the v3 extensions, most likely you will not even need to license 1Password 3, if it doesn't pick up on your old license file. Simply opening it in trial mode should be enough to see if the data is still present.

If you have moved to iCloud sync, I am not sure of the answer as iCloud doesn't use the .agilekeychain format.

At least this will tell you if the data is present and I feel almost certain it will be. Most of the issue I have seen in the forums are Display issues. As to a fix I will let the staff make a suggestion on that.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @semiotek.

Is the Software Licenses category completely missing from the sidebar of the main 1P4 app? Or is it there but contains no items?

Could you please try restarting your system and see if that helps? If not, please email a Diagnostics Report and we'll get this sorted out for you; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• semiotek
    semiotek
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - I have generated the Diagnostics Report and will mail it as soon as I have posted this response.

The Software Licenses category was completely missing but is now present, after my having created a new record. Restarting has no effect - it's a while since I upgraded and I have restarted a few times since then. It just took me a wee while to get around to raising the issue…

• semiotek
    semiotek
    Community Member
    Options

Rereading the above, I see an ambiguity therein - to clarify, there is but one record in the Software Licenses category, namely the one I just created!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for sending the report, @semiotek. We've received it okay and will work with you directly through email to ensure that we don't get anything muddled up between here and there. :)

This discussion has been closed.