Modified item details temporarily persist after modification is canceled/discarded [confirmed]

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Mac

If I change something in 1Password then hit "Cancel" then choose to not conserve the modifications, I have to select another item then go back to the first one to see the modifications disappears. ;)

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, you are quite right. I'm using 1P4 4.0.7 (AgileBits' store version). To reproduce this issue:

1. Edit a login item by adding something to a new field.
    2. Click on Cancel then Don't save.

Result: the modification appears in the login item.
    Expected result: no modification should appear.

However, then click on another login item and back to the original, modified login item and the modification does not appear.

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the report, guys! Hope you don't mind that I've retitled the topic a bit more descriptively, @secretliar. :)

I've noted this as a more generalized case of a specific bug already field in our tracker that only mentions it being applicable to a canceled/discarded password change. It looks like item details aren't immediately refreshed after discarding any modification of the item.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that @sjk.

Stephen

• jochenneese
    jochenneese
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I have the latest version of 1P for Mac (4.0.9). If I edit an item and want to quit the item without saving my changes, I do it the following way:
    Edit > (do some edits) > Cancel > Confirm "don't save" in the dialog box. After this, the edited state still remains displayed. At first I had thought that it actually would have been saved despite clicking "don't save", but then I recognized that it is "just" a display bug. Changing to another item and then back shows the original state of the (not) edited item.

This Display bug should be fixed soon, since it is very confusing.
    Regards
    Jochen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Jochen.

I've merged your topic with a related one. A general issue with item details not refreshing in cases when they should, like what you've reported, is resolved in the 4.1 beta.

This discussion has been closed.