tofagerl
tofagerl
Community Member
edited December 2013 in iOS

I've bought the following products from you over the years:
1Password (25/12/08)
1Password Pro (iOS) (25/06/09)
1Password 3 upgrade (26/8/09)
1Password 3 Upgrade to family license (tried to get my mom to use it, but she never "got it".) 8/3/2010
1Password from the App Store with included upgrade to 4.0 8/2/13

And now that I've gotten an iPad again after a few years without it seems that the iOS app I paid good money for a few years ago has been discontinued, and I have to buy a new one in order to sync with 1password 4.

Do you guys feel like you're cheating me? Cause I feel like you're cheating me. In fact I'm rather pissed off, since I've paid a lot of money over the years and have recommended you to several friends and family members. I used to be happy with the product you've offered, but if this continues I'm buying a small paper booklet and a pencil, cause that has a proper upgrade path!!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tofagerl,

I'm sorry if you feel like 1Password is an expensive investment. We absolutely love supporting our customers and being as generous as possible as we wouldn't be able to work at our dream jobs without you all. I'd like to discuss the history of 1Password 3 to show how true this statement is.

When 1Password 3 was released way back in November 2009 it was the first paid upgrade in AgileBits' history. Since then we released 66 free upgrades to 1Password 3. These 66 free updates included 738 changes and are detailed in 1Password's release notes here:

https://agilebits.com/onepassword/mac/release_notes

Many of these 738 changes were huge ones that required months of development work. For example, 1Password 3.6 added support for OS X Lion which required a complete rewrite of the browser extensions to support the new architecture Apple introduced in Safari (Firefox and Chrome were also making big changes at the time).

After nearly 4 years, 66 free updates, and 738 improvements we decided it was time to have a paid upgrade for 1Password 4 so that we could continue development.

As for 1Password 4, it required huge changes "under the hood" to enable many new features. You can see many of the new features highlighted in our Welcome to 1Password guide:

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/welcome-app.html

All these new features required over a year of work from a large development team and was very expensive. Despite this we wanted to give our existing customers the best possible experience. Paying customers are the only reason we're able to do what we love so we gave our loyal customers an upgrade path that provides 50% discount off the regular purchase price, and all Mac App Store customers (such as yourself) were able to upgrade to 1Password 4 for Mac for free.

The same great features that we've put into 1Password 4 for Mac are available in 1Password 4 for iOS. Password iOS 4 has been a ground-up rewrite as well. Some of the new features include:

• Favorites
    • Folders
    • Browser with tabs
    • Browser fills credit cards, identities, and usernames/passwords
    • iCloud Syncing
    • Attachment viewing
    • Automatic Clipboard Clearing
    • And much more!

We hope you see the value of the features in 1Password 4 and decide to upgrade. However, if you decide not to upgrade at this time, that's fine too. You are not forced to upgrade. You can download 1Password 3 for iOS from your purchase history in the App Store, and I'd be more than happy to help you set up Wi-Fi syncing using 1Password 3 for Mac as an intermediary. :)

This discussion has been closed.