Rich Icons is broken

Options
JKliman
JKliman
Community Member

I am using 1Password 4.0.8 and upgraded from version 3.

Rich icons are clearly broken in 1Password 4.

1. In 1Password 3 on both my Mac and Windows PC all icons for software purchases are visible and thus exist in my one 1Password vault. Yet only about 70% of icons for software licenses appear from the same vault in 1Password 4, the rest replaced with the generic app icon.

2. Many web site login entries that are present in 1Password 3 for the Mac and PC do not show up in 1Password 4. Again, the icons must be in the 1Password vault database but for some reason 1Password 4 does not ‘load’ them.

3. Rich icons for new logins are not reliably downloaded in 1Password 4.

4. AgileBits collection of rich icons is poor. Even the AgileBits icon for this very forum is low resolution and pixelated.

The handling of rich icons seems fundamentally broken in 1Password 4.

1Password is excellent software and I will continue to use and recommend it. I appreciate all the work that went into 1Password 4. This is the only problem I’ve had with it. Otherwise it’s been fantastic.

Rich icons are not a necessity but are icing on the cake with regards to usability and aesthetics.

I hope this problem can be fixed quickly. Thank you!

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

@JKliman

Keep a look out for an update that I think will resolve some of the issue's. Not entirely certain as I don't use the Mac App Store version. I have seen staff say an update is pending. I just checked and the Mac App Store version is still 4.0.8

This discussion has been closed.