App stays open in Firefox

Options
fmdeutsch
fmdeutsch
Community Member

Recently installed 1Password4 and Extension for Firefox. When I open Firefox I get a message that the mini app needs to stay running in the Firefox menu bar. If I leave the mini app running in Firefox, then when I open Firefox my 1Password min app is open and all of my 1Password logins, etc are available for anyone to access, just by opening Firefox. Do I need to remember to manually close the 1Password mini app each time I close Firefox? Or is there a setting for this to auto close when I close my Browser? Thanks fm

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @fmdeutsch.

1Password 4 is either locked or unlocked, primarily adjustable with these preferences:

There are no separate locking preferences for the main app and mini/extensions. Let's address your specific concern:

If I leave the mini app running in Firefox, then when I open Firefox my 1Password min app is open and all of my 1Password logins, etc are available for anyone to access, just by opening Firefox.

Or they could simply open the main 1P4 app or mini and, if unlocked, access your passwords there.

Do I need to remember to manually close the 1Password mini app each time I close Firefox?

Quitting 1P mini will force 1P4 to be locked when the main app or mini is reopened. It's probably more convenient simply to use the Control-Option-Command-L shortcut from 1P mini to do the locking, even outside the browser, e.g.:

• Option-Command-\ (Show 1Password mini)
    • Control-Option-Command-L (Lock)

There's probably a way to combine that with quitting Firefox using an Alfred workflow, Keyboard Maestro macro, etc.

Something like a Lock when web browser is quit option could be added, although it raises an issue of what to do when multiple browsers are running that extends it to being optional for every browser with a 1P4 extension. Plus there are cases when it's desirable for 1P4 to remain unlocked when quitting browsers, e.g. for followup access to 1P mini. The added complexity can outweigh the benefit. But new conditions/options for 1P4 auto-locking are still under consideration. :)

This discussion has been closed.