regrets after upgrade

Options
Y0sh1
Y0sh1
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Mac

I have been a long time heavy user of 1password even tho I never post in this forums. After upgrading to version 4 and use it for a couple of days here are some downsides for any heavy users of the previous version.

1. iCloud sync from OS X to iOS does not work. It should work according to the first two link but not yet according to the other two
  2. WiFi sync is more complicated. You have to have the sync window open on the mac, then on the iOS navigate down to too many options
  3. Password generator is limited to 30 characters
  4. Because the password generator now is handled by the mini it does not know for which website the password was generated. No active app? c'mon!
  5. When changing a password for a website the option to replace an existing login is gone most of the times. If you accept to create a new login item then the username is gone for the new login item
  6. Installing the browser extensions was more than just one click. I can understand that with today's sandboxing it might not be possible, but it is a downside
  7. After a sync to iOS devices, the ui does not immediately reflect the changes. Which is super annoying
  8. iOS app does not have a quick unlock for less secure stuff

Sure there are some very nice features but in my opinion there are still some things to polish

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

iCloud sync worked fine for me, although I recently switched back to Drobox to insure that I won't be left in the cold if Apple should decide that purchasers direct from AgileBits won't be able to use it.

With respect to updates not showing in the iOS application after a sync, are you referring to the delay while syncing completes?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello, @Y0sh1.

1. I've filed a request for updating outdated references to "iCloud in the Mac app" in articles you've mentioned. Here's a more recent, accurate one you can refer to for 1P4 on Mac: Sync with iCloud
    2. Improvements for Wi-Fi Sync usage are planned.
    3. It's a known issue:

• Currently, the length in the password generator is set to 30. Use the generator in the main app if >30 character is needed.
    4. Do you have this issue when using Password Generator after opening 1P mini with a browser extension on an active web page?

5. We are working on autosave improvements to reduce the amount of manual saving as a workaround. And here a some related bugs fixed in 4.1.1 (website) and 4.1 (MAS; pending approval) updates:

• Fixed problem when updating a login from from the auto-save window. Sometimes the updated login will have the username or the password removed.
      • Fixed issue when updating a login in the auto-save window, when it only updated the password. It now updates the username too.
    6. Extension installation is infrequent enough that an extra click or two seems barely significant. :)

7. UI refreshing issues in the iOS app will continue to be resolved and several have already been resolved in the Mac app.
    8. Do you mean item/category-specific unlocking, in addition to the general Quick Unlock Code?

Thank you for the feedback!

This discussion has been closed.