Browser extensions working, but application not displaying any items

Options
bfeinberg
bfeinberg
Community Member

I just upgraded to version 4 yesterday. I followed the procedure for uninstalling old versions and so forth. The browser extensions appear to work, but when I launched the application (to create a new item for an application for which I'd created a password) I found that although it would display item counts, I couldn't actually view any items or create any new ones. I can see that 1Password is unlocked, but all it will show me is the software license item which I created after installing version 4.
Picking the 'New item' menu item (which is enabled) does nothing.
I also notice that if I click 'Hide' next to categories or folders, it hides the list, but doesn't let me show it again.
I tried locking and unlocking, but that didn't help.

And I can't even quit and restart the application because quit is grayed out.

So far, I'm not so happy that I upgraded. :(

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bfeinberg,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience. I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having troubles since the upgrade. I'll do my best to get this sorted out for you just as soon possible!

It sounds like there is something weird going on here, so I think the easiest thing to do is start over with a fresh install. Please go to File > Backup before starting over, just to be safe.

Please let me know how this works for you!

This discussion has been closed.