Fresh Install of Mavericks and I Can't Import My Data

Options

i have a fresh install of mavericks on a new ssd
i have my 1password4 data backed up in time machine and on 2 other disks including the agile keychain and the other data which i frankly don't even understand
when i launched 1password4 it asked me if i am a new user or old user
i selected old and then it asked me to select an "agile keychain" or "opvault"
since i know what the keychain is and have no idea what an opvault is i selected "agile keychain" and the choose the keychain that i had backed up (which i copied from a backup disk to my desktop)
the program opened fine but there is no data in there
i see a recent zip-backup from dec 2 and i tried to open it and nothing happened
i tried to open the sqlite database and nothing happened
i don't even know what to open
i guess it is an .opvault but i can't even find a file that is an .opvault
i am distressed here since i don't even know how to troubleshoot this
is there a step by step tutorial somewhere that shows exactly how to migrate old data to fresh installation ?
thanks

Comments

• sorry for all the run together lines i don't know how to use something called "markdown" to make it look better

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @arlo,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

Our Getting Started Guide is here. If none of the steps there help you find your data, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.