1Password generated a password but saved the wrong one, no recovery or reset available. HELP!

Options
Community Member

Hi,

I sent a detailed email to support the other day about an issue I am having where 1Password must've generated and filled a password for a login, but within the application saved the one that I intentionally created to use for said login. The saved login does not work on the site. I can reference that email if need be.

Basically, the site has no password recovery or reset option as it deals with encrypted sensitive data which could become compromised if the site were under attack. When I look in 1Password I see that the password (the one I made) was saved at the time I created it and was on the site, but it does not work whatsoever! It would be one thing if I were talking about a login for a trivial website like Facebook or eBay, where I could simply change the password, but this has highly important information that I cannot access.

This was done using 1Password 3, I am now using 1Password 4.

Please help!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @1029384756,

I looked in our email system using the email address you used for your forum account, and I see that one of our team is already working with you on this issue - we'll follow up directly there so that we don't confuse things too much!

This discussion has been closed.