Right click menu

Options
Tijl Willemsens
Tijl Willemsens
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

In the previous version with a right click, a menu with a list of logins was immediately opened on login forms, making it very convenient and fast to fill in and submit the username and password. The latest version however only shows a "1Password" menu option, requiring the user to click on it first before the available logins are showed. Not only does it go from one to two clicks, it's also slower and less convenient.

This to me is actually a big deterioration from the previous version, as it was one of the things that made this software so great for me. If I had to name the best feature of this software, it would actually be that feature. Now that it's gone, I feel like I want to downgrade just to get that feature back. It's probably not even possible to downgrade at this point, so I wonder if developers can think about a way to get this great feature back. If not by default, then maybe with a tweak or extra add-on.

Thank you

Comments

• Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member
    Options

I believe there were several requests for the right-click menu to be less cluttered. Apparently, some (developers?) were confronted with a long list of logons when they were looking for non-1Password related items. As usual, any change will either "vex or please".

• Tijl Willemsens
    Tijl Willemsens
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

Well thanks for your answer but that's actually not what I'm talking about if you read carefully. Everyone wants less clutter, no one wants what I'm talking about.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, Tijl.

Everyone wants less clutter, no one wants what I'm talking about.

Maybe you can clarify a bit more about what you want so it's accurate before I submit a request? I'm not sure if you want clutter or not. :)

Currently in 1Password 4, selecting 1Password in the web browser context menu is simply another method of opening 1Password mini. In general, you'd prefer context menu functionality similar to 1Password 3?

• Tijl Willemsens
    Tijl Willemsens
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

No problem. I'll explain it with a screenshot:

This may sound to others as being lazy, but I assure you it's not. If you have to fill in passwords hundreds of times a day and you multiply the clicks and time x3 it not only costs time, it gets very annoying. Not to mention that I need to type the long master password every time after system startup / reboot in v4.

Hopefully you can understand now why this makes a considerable difference to me. Thanks.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the followup, Tijl. All clear now. :)

Current alternatives to opening 1P mini in one step instead of two with the context menu are to use the keyboard shortcuts or click the 1P browser toolbar or menu bar icon.

Responding to requests for removing Show N more items in 1P mini, @MikeT wrote:

Thanks for your feedback. We'll see what we can do about making this more flexible in a future update, we do want to try to work around this.

For now, if you type something in the mini's search field, it'll narrow down the list for you.

About 1Password data remaining unlocked after system restarts I replied to you about that: here. :)

I hope that's helpful even though I don't have any better answers for you right now.

This discussion has been closed.