1P4 crashes when changing search criteria during Smart Folder creation

Options
LakeDaisy
LakeDaisy
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

I forwarded several crash reports. There are currently no smart folders in my 1P4. Wanted to set up a new Smart Folder. Click File/New Smart Folder. Presented with a dialog box similar to Apple's Smart Folder. You can either change or leave the 'Search:' field it doesn't cause the crash. You can either change or leave the 'Any, All, None' field it doesn't cause the crash. Dialog box comes up with 'Title' 'is' as a starting point. Trying to select anything other than 'Title' or 'is' causes 1P4 to crash and generate a crash report. Appreciate any help you can provide as I can't set up a Smart Folder.

Comments

• LakeDaisy
    LakeDaisy
    Community Member
    Options

I have also noted: I can change the setting of the 'Search:' field and save the Smart Folder and the change sticks. If I change the setting of the 'All, Any, None' field and save the Smart Folder it doesn't stick. When editing the saved Smart Folder the 'All, Any, None' field always returns to 'All."

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi, @LakeDaisy. I'm sorry your attempts to create a Smart Folder have been crashing 1P4.

Could you please restart 1Password mini and/or restart your system and let us know if that resolves the problem? Thanks!

• LakeDaisy
    LakeDaisy
    Community Member
    Options

I had already shut down 1P and mini. Didn't work. I just restarted my computer. Didn't work either. Still crashes.

• LakeDaisy
    LakeDaisy
    Community Member
    Options

sjk. We have three Macs in the house. iMac and 2 MBPro's. All running Mavericks and Safari. 1P crashes on all 3 when trying to create a new smart folder.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar problem, except it is very easy to solve: I change from Swedish interface to English (and the crash log seems to indicate there is an localization issue). Then it no longer crashes when creating a smart folder.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for trying, @LakeDaisy. Sorry that wasn't helpful.

However, we have identified the cause of 4.0.7 crashes that you and other folks have reported and expect to have a new update soon to resolve it.

• LakeDaisy
    LakeDaisy
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

thanks sjk.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Noted, @Xe997. Maybe something like this:

Application Specific Information: *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: 'Error parsing localization! Key: %[Folder]@ %[is]@ %[ ]@ Value: %1$[Folder]@ %2$[is]@ %3$[ ]@ Error is: No items were specified between [ and ]'

You're welcome, @LakeDaisy.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk

Indeed, that's the one I see.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the confirmation, @Xe997.

• We are fixing it now and will have a new update later tonight.

Thank you!

• ethansisson
    ethansisson
    Community Member
    Options

I think I'm having the same problem on 4.0.8 (408001) MAS. Can't edit any search criteria for a smart folder without 1Password crashing.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @ethansisson.

I'm sorry you're having similar trouble with custom search criteria crashing 1P4. Have you restarted 1Password mini and/or your system since updating to 4.0.8 and noticing the problem?

Were you able to send any crash logs from the crash reporter than runs after relaunching 1P4? That would be helpful, and also if you could send a Diagnostics Report from your Mac that's having the problem; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic and your forum username in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. Thank you!

• ethansisson
    ethansisson
    Community Member
    Options

Ahh...now I feel silly. I hadn't tried restarting 1Password mini. That fixed it. Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad the 1P mini restart worked for you, @ethansisson.

No reason to feel silly. I hope you feel helpful instead for reporting this crasher so we can fix it. :)

• netnothing
    netnothing
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

This is still happening on 4.0.8 and yes I have restarted both the system and 1P mini.

I will add that restarting 1P Mini usually helps, but only for a short while. The crashing will come back over time.

I have to say, this new version is the buggiest version of 1password.....quite disappointed.

-Kevin

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey Kevin ( @netnothing ),

I'm sorry you're also having this 1P4 crasher. Have you sent any crash logs and/or a Diagnostics Report (see post #14)? That information can help us isolate and resolve this problem. Thank you!

• rdot
    rdot
    Community Member
    Options

I am having this problem with 4.0.8. Just sent a crash log.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @rdot.

Thanks for sending the crash log. Have you also emailed a Diagnostics Report? Which language are you running OS X in?

The 4.1 MAS update, already submitted to Apple, has fixes that could resolve the problem you're having. With a few more specific details about yours it would be easier to determine how likely that is or if there's something else required to fix it.

This discussion has been closed.