The beta won't install

ashleyk
ashleyk
Community Member

I've set it to allow downloads from unknown sources as requested and I'm able to download it but when I attempt to open it I'm hit with a parsing error every time. I've tried it now on Chrome, FireFox, Dolphin and Opera with Android 4.3. The device is a Motorola Moto G and I've included a screenshot http://www.sunnymede.net/screenshots/parsing_error.png

Comments

• ashleyk
    ashleyk
    Community Member
    edited December 2013

OK as a follow up I found a workaround to successfully install it. First I downloaded the software via my Mac when another email came through from HockeyApp with a direct link. From there I uploaded it to Google Drive and once located there with the Android device I only had to click on it to successfully run the installer. There was no way I could get it to work after downloading with any Android browser though. As I write the new beta is now synching with the data on DropBox.

• ashleyk
    ashleyk
    Community Member
    edited December 2013

Can I or should I delete the old reader only app now? Also can I unstick the option to allow downloads from an unknown source now?

• F451
    F451
    Community Member

Hmmm, I had zero issues. Samsung S3, Android 4.3. I trashed the old 1P Reader with no issues.

• ashleyk
    ashleyk
    Community Member

I've just trashed the old version as well and the beta seems to be working nicely from my brief testing. I actually prefer it in some ways to the Windows beta.

• KellyG
    KellyG
    Community Member

@ashleyk that's very odd, I only had one device to install on, but it went "as advertised" for me. I'm sorry for the bumpy start but I hope it goes well from here on out. If not, that's why we're here. :)

This discussion has been closed.