FEATURE REQUEST: Keyboard shortcut to select Vault

Options
Eduardo Martinez
Eduardo Martinez
Community Member

Now we have multiple Vaults which is an awesome feature, the downside is that CMD+\ no longer finds all passwords, we have to do a lot of clicks to go and find the Vault where the account that we're looking for is. Can u please add a modifier key, like CMD+SHIFT+\ that will show a list of Vaults and then a list of available passwords for the current site? And leave CMD+\ work for the currently selected Vault, but maybe when hitting it show a hint of what the current Vault is.

Thanks.

Comments

• Eduardo Martinez
    Eduardo Martinez
    Community Member
    Options

Example of how this is a problem: I have a couple of personal accounts on gmail, if I am on my Primary Vault, I will get a 1P popup asking me which gmail account I want to login with, if I am on a secondary Vault (mind u, there's no way of knowing which one I am on, unless I do a few clicks on the 1P extension icon) it will automatically log the gmail account of that secondary Vault, and then I have to log out, select the Primary Vault, and try again... this is why a modifier 'Vault Selector' key combo would be nice, as I suggested previously.

• Interesting idea, Eduardo!

Currently it is possible to switch the vault using ⌘, shortcut in 1Password mini. However, it still takes on extra ⌘\ shortcut to bring back the new vault at the moment.

We'll try to make it more efficient.

• Eduardo Martinez
    Eduardo Martinez
    Community Member
    Options

@roustem: Here's a simple idea, how about at least changing the color of the key for either 1Pass Mini and/or the browser ext to the assigned color of the current Vault?. Would still be nice to be able to keep hands on keyboard to select a different Vault though.

Thanks!.

• Thank you for the idea, Eduardo!

• Eduardo Martinez
    Eduardo Martinez
    Community Member
    Options

It is very easy to login to sites using the **⌘** keys, however if you're not currently on the Vault that you want to use you will be logged in with the wrong account, and have to logout and try again (after selecting the correct Vault, mind you).

Please add an option to select a Vault with the keyboard (something like **⇧⌘** ) that shows the 1Password mini menu so that one can be selected more quickly, currently it takes way too many clicks.

Also it would be useful to show the 1Pass Mini menubar icon in the color for the current Vault, these two things would make things speedier for everyone.

Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, Eduardo.

I've merged your re-request for this with your original one, along with @roustem's replies. :)

• Eduardo Martinez
    Eduardo Martinez
    Community Member
    Options

I forgot I had already posted this. Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries for your extra reminder, Eduardo. :)

And here's another similar topic: Vault Switching Shortcut??

This discussion has been closed.