Quick unlock

djgdroid
djgdroid
Community Member

Sorry about the repost, I was thinking it was lost in another post.
Can someone explain to me the difference between the 'quick unlock code' and the 'master password'? Other than a more secure access is the purpose intended to be used differently? I was assuming that you would login thru the matter password and if 1password timed out then you could quickly log back in without the long master password. Seems to be a good option, any thoughts?

Comments

• Hi @djgdroid,

I am really sorry for the confusion. By default, every time you open 1Password 4 for the very first time or from the background, it will ask for your master password to unlock your vault. This can be time consuming especially if you have a long master password and you’re constantly switching applications as you copy and paste information from and to your 1Password vault. This is where the Quick Unlock Code comes into rescue.

The Quick Unlock Code allows you to create a short numerical passcode (ideally 4 digits) to unlock your vault. With this feature enabled, every time you launch your unlocked 1Password from the background, it will only require you to enter your quick unlock code to access your data. So now when you switch between applications and return back to 1Password, you just need to enter your numeric passcode instead of your master password.

Please keep in mind, you will always need to unlock 1Password with your master password at every initial launch (not running in background).

• djgdroid
    djgdroid
    Community Member

Thanks Saad, that is exactly the way I had hoped it would work

• KellyG
    KellyG
    Community Member

You're more than welcome, @djgdroid! If you have more feedback, please let us know. :)

• Mgs0008b221
    Mgs0008b221
    Community Member

To add to the information, you will continue to use the Quick Unlock Code until the selected interval of time elapses, or if you clear the 1Password app from your 'recent app list'.

Personally, clearing the entire list is a somewhat bad habit of mine, so I end up having to reenter the master password quite frequently.

So if you're planning on switching between apps and want to use the Quick Unlock Code, be careful not to clear your recent apps/task manager.

• Hi @Mgs0008b221,

I also have the same habit - I always end up clearing out my opened apps!

What do you think of the idea of having a 1Password service always running in the background? So for users like us that like to clear recently opened app will not be affected by closing the main 1Password application.

Of course, we can have a toggle to disable and enable this service. It’s completely up to the user whether they want to have this feature enabled or not.

• Mgs0008b221
    Mgs0008b221
    Community Member
    edited December 2013

@saad

Sounds great! I was gonna suggest on down the road after everything's running smoothly.

I would say that if y'all did do a service that stayed in the notification center, definitely included priority options to control whether it stays above or below your other notifications.

• @Mgs0008b221 Awesome! Thanks for your input.

This discussion has been closed.