manual sync using Dropbox web?

I have 1Password on my home Mac, iPhone, iPad and Windows 7 systems. New policy at work now forbids us from using the Dropbox application on Windows since it does not use the system proxy settings, but requires users to manually enter the proxy server, username, and password for the proxy authentication. Apparently some people aren't smart enough to update their password in Dropbox when their network password changes, causing them to have account lockouts.

Since we can still access Dropbox using a browser, I wondered what the best way is to manually sync my 1Password Data File on my Windows system. Is it as simple as copying the 1Password.agilekeychain folder/package from my Dropbox to the appropriate location on my PC? I realize that any changes made on the PC will be lost, but I try to use my Mac as my "master" system and enter new and updated 1Password info there.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

That's correct. You can do a sort of "one way sync" that way. Please do let us know if you have any trouble, though. We are always here to help!

• jpcurran
    jpcurran
    Community Member

Great - thanks for the confirmation! I'll give it a try and see if I have any issues.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Keep me posted. Cheers!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

New policy at work now forbids us from using the Dropbox application on Windows since it does not use the system proxy settings, but requires users to manually enter the proxy server, username, and password for the proxy authentication.

Are you sure? I have my Dropbox proxy preferences set to "auto-detect", and this does seem to use the system proxy settings.

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    edited September 2013

We have a proxy at work and the "auto-detect" setting sufficiently discovers the proxy settings.

• tpurvis
    tpurvis
    Community Member

I too use 1Password on my Mac, Android Phone and Windows 7 at work. Security policy prohibits the use of Dropbox (or any similar service such as iCloud). I need to sync my passwords in both directions is there a process for that?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Dropbox is the only sync mechanism supported by 1Password for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.