Feature Request: Set which browser to open individual Logins in

Options
Megan
Megan
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Feature Request - Changing Default Browser for IOS.

Comments

• JoeHall
    JoeHall
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, something that would be very helpful would be if 1Password users could set an application handler for a given entry. For example, I use a locked-down FireFox that isn't compatible with 1Password's plugin as my system default browser, so I'd like to be able to specify entries should be opened with Chrome.app. (This is a feature that PasswordWallet does without any plugins... essentially opening the application specified and waiting for the user to hit Opt at which point it fills in the form)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi @JoeHall,

I split your comment into its very own topic, since we're talking about the desktop version here. I'll be sure to pass this feature request along to our developers - thanks so much for the feedback! :)

Edit: there is also a post in the 1Password Extensions forum that discusses this feature, and Khad recommends looking into Choosy to provide this functionality systemwide.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @JoeHall.

In addition to possibly using Choosy, like @Megan mentioned, because you said:

… I'd like to be able to specify entries should be opened with Chrome.app.

… I was wondering if adding 1Click Bookmarks in Chrome for those 1Password items would be helpful for you.

This discussion has been closed.