Crash on startup after changing account name

Options
Marcel Böttcher
Marcel Böttcher
Community Member

My 1Password 4 for Mac (direct download version) is crashing every time after I've switched my Mac OS X account name (the short one, not the displayed "full name") with the following error message:
"1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini"

I've already tried:

1. Reset my Mac OS X account name to the origin
  2. Uninstall 1Password.app
  3. Uninstalling Chrome Browser Extension
  4. Deleting ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4
  5. Running the 1PasswordUninstaller.app (which is probably designed for 1P v3)

Is there anything else I can do?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @MarcelB.

I'm sorry 1Password 4 is crashing and refusing to launch. Do you have any existing 1Password data that needs to be kept?

The starting over guide, beginning with Rename the data folder, may be helpful although it may take additional steps to recover your data.

If you'd like to email a Diagnostics Report from your Mac that's having this problem we can give you all the details for what to do; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• Marcel Böttcher
    Marcel Böttcher
    Community Member
    Options

Hi sjk,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, the starting over guide hasn't helped so far. The Diagnostics Report is sent.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi, @MarcelB.

Report received; thanks! Could you please restart your system and see if that makes any difference? Before doing it run 1Password 4 again, then Quit 1Password and 1Password mini by pressing Command-Control-Q.

• Marcel Böttcher
    Marcel Böttcher
    Community Member
    Options

Like in the old Windows days: Rebooting helped!

Thanks a lot

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @MarcelB. Thanks for letting me know that worked for you.

Yup, restarting and reinstalling sound more like ritual for Windows usage. What happened to the days when I could run my Sun Solaris workstation for years without a restart? :)

This discussion has been closed.