Two-Factor Verification and 1Password

Options
stlevin
stlevin
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Mac

very unhappy with 1password. i'm $70 into it and i'm locked out of all my google accounts on my phone because this system is too clever by half. I'd really appreciate some good old-fashioned customer service right now. is there a way to get that?

Comments

• @stlevin I'm sure AgileBits would be happy to help. But they'll likely need a few more details about your issue.

• stlevin
    stlevin
    Community Member
    Options

ok, here is one question: I am literally looking at my gmail password in the 1password app, and entering it into my iphone's email setup tool, and it's telling me it's an incorrect password. for both of my gmail accounts.

• jkratz
    jkratz
    Community Member
    Options

Are you using 2-factor authentication by any chance and not using an application password?

• stlevin
    stlevin
    Community Member
    Options

jkratz you are brilliant and diagnosed it perfectly (I figured it out this morning). So I apologize, agilebits, it was not your fault. However, I would still like a refund on 1password for my phone, which I bought while i was trying to figure out what the heck was going on, and I don't really need. Is that possible?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I don't represent AgileBits, but I know from my own experience that developers have no way to refund for a purchase on the Apple App Store. You will have to approach Apple about that. For what it may be worth, I have sometimes gotten a refund when apps haven't lived up to expectation, but not always. It is certainly worth a try. (But I really like the integration between Mac and iDevices. Why not keep it?)

This discussion has been closed.