Bug: file sync not working

Options
rowen
rowen
Community Member

I share a vault between work and home using file sync in Mac 1Password 4.0.9. However, it has not been working: the file I'm syncing to (and taking between home and work) is never updated, even when I intentionally make a change to a password at work and restart. Preferences says "last synched 10 seconds ago" and shows the right file in the right location, but Finder shows the file as last updated Nov 15.

I finally gave up today and reset sync -- creating a new file in the same location. I doubt it'll work, but at least the shared file will be more current.

Note that I triple-checked that sync pointed to the right location. And when I disabled synch the file I was looking at was moved to trash, and when I re-enabled it a file of the same name but today's date appeared.

Comments

• rowen
    rowen
    Community Member
    Options

I just cleaned up my data (removing duplicate web URLs) and synched my phone via wifi. That worked fine. I then restarted 1Password for Mac and indeed the sync folder is listed as updated, but Finder thinks it has not been changed. I think 1Password Mac 4.0.9 is failing to write changes to the synch file. It's as if file synch is a no-op.

• rowen
    rowen
    Community Member
    Options

FIle synch is also failing for me using 1P Mac 4.0.9 on MacOS 10.8 (as I reported in a separate thread I started yesterday). It's been that way for while, but it took me awhile to confirm that it was a bug.

• rowen
    rowen
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

Since Folder sync isn't working I tried resetting my data, but this failed:

• quit my web browser and 1P 4
    • open ~/Library/Application\ Support/1Password\ 4
    • move Data into the trash
    • run 1P 4
    • enter my usual password, which worked
    • observe that my vault is empty (good)
    • Preferences>Synch set up Folder sync with my usual file
    • I ways it wants to merge data. I say Yes. It says:
      "The operation could not be completed
      No other information is available about the problem"

I moved Data back and will live with it for now, but please fix Folder sync.

• KellyG
    KellyG
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @rowen, your 1Password.agilekeychain file is just a wrapper, so the Finder date isn't necessarily reflecting the last time your data was synced. Your best bet for verifying if syncing is working or not is to check the counts of login items, or create a new item in one place and look for that item in the other place. Do you see all your data in both places?

• rowen
    rowen
    Community Member
    Options

I tried a few tests and it's working much better now. I was able to synch a change from work to home and then to my iPhone. I've cleared out all the duplicate web sites that have accumulated and we'll see if those stay clean.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad you're having more success with this now, @rowen. Thanks for letting us know. And if you still do need help with this or anything else please don't hesitate to ask.

This discussion has been closed.