Item count of backups differs after update (1Password 4 Beta, 1Password 4 MAS, iPhone, Dropbox)

Options
Brian.G
Brian.G
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

Ok, there are a lot of moving parts here. I'll try and give as much clear context of my potential concern. I am unclear if there is a problem yet, but I suspect there might be, but I wanted to come here first before I started moving/shifting files.

CONTEXT

(State 1) My Original Setup (No Issues):

• Mac: OS X Mountain Lion.
  • 1Password 3: MAS version (Worked).
  • 1Password 4: iPhone (Worked).
  • Sync'd via Dropbox (Worked).

(State 2) I love 1Password 4 on my phone and become brave and install 1Password 4 Beta:

• Mac: OS X Mountain Lion.
  • 1Password 3: Mas Version (I do not use it anymore, and start to use only the beta).
  • 1Password 4 Beta: I start using the beta (Syncing/Working).
  • 1Password 4 iPhone (Synching/Working).
  • Dropbox (Synching/Working).

(State 3) I can't remember the exact date (Late Aug?) but the Mac 1Password 4 Beta and iPhone appear to be using separate Databases. I discover this because I change my 1Password pw on my iPhone and my Mac continues to only take the old pw. I then check to see if items are syncing; they were not.

(State 4) I read a few posts on the forum and more or less determine there is some issue causing it with the iPhone, but this was a very low intensity search. I figured there would be a fix soon enough.

• I continue using 1password 4 beta, and my iPhone, but mainly the mac (beta) version.

(State 5) I upgraded the MAS version on the second release (I had read about a sandboxing issue that the agile bit team had submitted an update for. I also upgrade to Mountain Lion 1 week after it comes out, and I then updated my MAS version.

MY CONCERNS

• I did not uninstall 1Password 4 beta or the Mini view before the MAS update : (.
  • All of my databases (I believe termed 'Vaults' here) are taking my iPhone's password that was updated.
  • I also have several different versions of beta on my system, and they are taking my old beta password.
  • I have attached a file of my backups and updated files from I believe the Beta. You'll notice from the screenshot below that on August 26 I had 1326 items, and the next day I had approx 300 less backed up August 27th. I am assuming this is when the errors started happening.

CURRENT ISSUE

• My MAS version, and new beta version are only showing 550 items in the backups, and in the 'Vault'.

• I work and maintain passwords for my company, family, and myself. So I am starting to become very concerned I am going to have dataloss, or worst, have data loss and not even realize it.

QUESTIONS

1) How do I make sure I did not lose any passwords that I saved on my iPhone vs my Mac? Will they all merge into one (clearly with 550 items in my MAS version, that isn't looking to be the case, but I needed to ask anyway)?

2) How should I go about insuring I have all my U/P and a health db?

3) I personally would like to uninstall the beta's, MAS, and reinstall from the MAS fresh clean, and then load my dropbox db. But right now that apparently only has 550 items, so I don't want to go throwing out any Beta's that might have u/p.

Please advise guys! Thanks so much in advance, you guys make a great product!

Brian

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Brian.G,

Thanks for writing in with such a detailed description of your situation! I'm so glad that you love the product, and extra thanks for helping out with the beta testing. I think the quickest way to find out what is going on with your copies of the release and beta versions of 1Password 4, and to find out where your data is currently being stored is to see a Diagnostic Report from your computer.

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• jeremymaxwell
    jeremymaxwell
    Community Member
    Options

I am having a similar issue, in that after deleting the trash, I have a small discrepancy between my iPhone 5s (536 items), iPad (537 items), and Macbook Pro (539 items). Particularly alarming is that the iPhone has been showing the red exclamation mark alert that there is an issue with Dropbox and that I need to disconnect and reconnect. I've done this twice in one day now. No issues that I can see with iPad or Macbook with Dropbox..
    Thanks for any insight.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @jeremymaxwell.

So we can better assist with resolving your item count and syncing issues please email us a Diagnostics Report from your MacBook Pro, with instructions from @Megan's reply. Including your forum username in the email and posting a brief comment here after you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks!

• Brian.G
    Brian.G
    Community Member
    Options

Hi!

Sorry about my lack of a prompt reply. I will follow your instructions after I run the report.

Thanks for the replies! :-)

Brian

• Brian.G
    Brian.G
    Community Member
    Options

Sent. Thanks again for all your help!

**Side Note: My iPhone is still working / connecting with my old 'master password.' It appears as if I have '3' databases working now. 1 MAS (0 contacts) 1 Beta app, 1 iOS app.... We'll see what the report says.

Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, Brian.G.

Thanks for sending the report. We've received it okay and will be following up with you more about this issue through email.

• Brian.G
    Brian.G
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks again. :)

This discussion has been closed.