License stuff

Options
dwggideon
dwggideon
Community Member

I purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store and then downloaded (not sure from where) 1Password 4 (4.1.1) a few days later and removed the 4.0...? version. When I look under license, a window says I have 25 days left. How do I tell the app that I have paid for an earlier version through the App store so that I can continue using the program.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

If you have version 4.1.1, that is direct from the AgileBits web site, not the Mac App Store, where the version number is 4.1. The easiest thing for you to do would be to go back to the App Store, search for 1Password, and download and install it again. You won't be charged again. I'm not sure if you should drag the current app to trash or not. It might just install over it and you'll be fine.

If you should want to continue with the version from the AgileBits store, you can send a copy of your receipt from the MAS to support at AgileBits, and they will issue you a license for that version. Don't worry if it takes a few days - your trial version is good for 30 days.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

If you do decide NOT to keep the AgileBits version, and wish to return to the Mac App Store version:

You need to remove the instance of 1Password already installed in the Applications folder. Failure in the past to do this placed a second copy inside a 1Password folder in the Applications folder when installing a copy from the MAS. Witnessed this personally though it was some time ago.

Since its best to only run one instance of 1Password it would be better to get it placed exactly as needed. AKA Drag the previous version to the trash and reinstall from the Mac App Store.

This discussion has been closed.