how to sync 1P3 and 1P4 on different devices?

Options
Pimmer
Pimmer
Community Member

Hi all,
Can i use the next configuration and sync them? Which settings do I have to use to sync them properly?

MacBookPro (OS X Maverick, up to date) - 1P4
iPhone (iOS 7.x up to date) - 1P4
iPad (iOS 5.5.1) - 1P3

Years ago I bought 1P3 for Mac, Phone and iPad for them. Recently I ordered also 1P4 for them. However, I noticed the the limitation of my iPad (1the gen, iOS 5.5.); here is 1P3 the highest reachable version. I’d like to use 1P4 on the other devices.

Any help would be fine. Thanks in advance!

Pimmer

Comments

• Hey @Pimmer,

You can sync all your devices running 1Password 4 using Dropbox. That will likely be your best option.

Instructions:

Sync with Dropbox [Mac]

Sync with Dropbox [iOS]

Syncing to your iPad using 1Password 3 for iOS isn't quite as easy. It no longer supports Dropbox sync due to a depreciated Dropbox API. The only way to sync to it is with 1Password 3 wifi sync. This means you'll need to use 1Password 3 for Mac as an intermediary between version 3 on iOS and 1Password 4.

Here's how:

1. Download 1Password 3 for Mac again if you no longer have it (direct download link).

2. Set it up to sync with Dropbox (so it will stay in sync with 1Password 4).

3. Open 1Password 3 for Mac when you want to sync to your iPad, and use wifi sync.

Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.