The Copy and Reveal functionality is gone until I perform some other action [confirmed]

Options
wavy_nieve
wavy_nieve
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Mac

The behavior of 1 Password for Mac used to display a "copy" button on mouse hover over the username field and a copy/reveal button on mouse hover over the password field. Now those buttons don't appear unless I perform some sort of interaction with a record such as Edit, then Cancel, or if I type in the Search field at the top. After any such an interaction the buttons will function normally on all records until I relog in to 1Password, which reverts it back to the "dead" behavior until I interact again as I described.

This is happening on both my iMac and MacBook Pro, both less than a year old and running Mavericks. It's very frustrating and is slowing me down when I require credentials from 1Password 4.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there any advice anyone can offer? I've seen 1Password 4 behave normally on very similar machines, same OSX, etc., so I know this isn't happening to everyone. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wavy_nieve,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

What version of 1Password 4 for Mac do you currently have running? I know there may have been an update or two since your original post, and one of the things we've polished up is that hover copy and reveal behaviour. Are you still seeing this issue in the latest version?

• oshloel
    oshloel
    Community Member
    Options

It is a little disconcerting coming from 1pw 3 to not see the "copy" button; however, in 1pw4 you can just click on the username or password and it will be copied to the clipboard. Additionally, you can press & hold the Option key to reveal the password.

• wavy_nieve
    wavy_nieve
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

I'm using Version 4.0.9 (409002). It still doesn't work as I'd expect. But it appears that pressing any key makes the buttons start to behave normally. Seems like a bug to me.

Hi @oshloel That doesn't work for me, I just tried it. But here's what did happen ... I clicked on my username which appeared to have no effect (no change in appearance with either a click or a hover. I then tried to paste the contents of my clipboard into a Stickies note. Nothing. But when I returned to 1Password the username and password behaved as expected to a mouse hover and a click did set the value to the clipboard. I believe it's because I used keyboard shortcuts to switch apps, i.e. using any key restores the correct behavior.

Thanks for the replies!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wavy_nieve,

Thanks for confirming that for me! For some reason I didn't notice this behaviour before, but after doing a bit more testing, I can confirm that the same thing is happening in my copy of 1Password. Our developers are aware of this as well, and are currently looking for a solution.

We really appreciate your keen eye ... and your patience as we work to get this solved. :)

• Flight
    Flight
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, using version 4.1.2.BETA-1 (412001)

• johnsonnenschein
    johnsonnenschein
    Community Member
    Options

In 1Password 4 (Mac), I search for my ldap password in the search bar on top, one item is returned, and I use the "copy" button to copy it in to the clipboard. 1Password times out and locks itself, when I unlock it next the search is cached, the single item is still there, but the "copy/reveal" dialog fails to show up. That is, I have to clear the search and search again in order to be able to use the "copy/reveal" button again.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Flight.

Thanks for mentioning this issue still exists in 4.1.2.BETA-1. I've noted that in the bug report we have about it in our tracker.

• mike429
    mike429
    Community Member
    Options

POSSIBLE RELATED PROBLEM? Upon reading this thread, I checked this out for myself (v 4.1.1 Mac) and consistently saw the "Copy" button when hovering over a password, no problem. If my View option is set to Conceal Passwords, then the pop-up menu behavior appears logical and correct: it contains the choices "copy" and "reveal", and if I select "reveal" the password appears and the menu flips to "copy" and "conceal", and then "conceal" acts as expected. Still OK.

But if my View option has Conceal Passwords unchecked, then the pop-up menu shows "copy" and "conceal" (makes sense), but selecting "conceal" does NOTHING. The password is not concealed, and the menu does not flip. If "conceal" is supposed to work in this context, then it appears to be broken. If "conceal" is not supposed to work when the master View option is set to clear-text displayed passwords, then the inoperable menu choice should be removed.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @mike429.

Yup, being unable to conceal password fields in item details when the global Conceal Passwords option is disabled is also a confirmed issue that's in our bug tracker. I've noted your report and suggestion there -- thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @johnsonnenschein.

I've merged your topic with a similar one about this issue you reported. I hope the additional information here is helpful.

This discussion has been closed.