1Password 3 Uninstall

Options
oldink75
oldink75
Community Member

After 1Password 4 has been successfully installed and is working, should I uninstall 1Password 3? Or does 4 use any 3 components? Thank you.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There is a helpful little discussion about uninstallation of 1P3, with some useful links, in this thread (on the legacy forum).

Stephen

• oldink75
    oldink75
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks very much.

• oldink75
    oldink75
    Community Member
    Options

My fault, oh boy. A great suggestion from Stephen if only my iMac would have allowed my using the uninstaller provided by 1Password 4 to remove 1 Password 3. But because I hadn't acquired my upgrade from the Apple Store, I was not allowed to use the uninstaller, not authorized or something. Here's the stupid part. I used an uninstaller called Trash, which has been fine for all my other un-installations--if that's a word. But it was not the selective uninstaller that AgileBits provides. Where am I now? 1Password 4 is working but only because it is accessing items in my Mac Trash that I was not allowed to throw out because one of them was in use. So I know that everything I need to make 4 whole again is in the trash along with everything from 3 that I wanted to throw out. Would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @oldink75.

I'm sorry that parts of your 1Password 4 setup seem to be stuck in Trash. Please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac that's having this problem and we'll help you get it sorted out through email; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.