Safari Books Online login

I am using 1Password Version 3.3.1 (build 30709) with Safari Version 5.0.1 (5533.17.8)

I am logging into http://my.safaribooksonline.com and 1Password is not recognizing and saving the login information. One thing different with this site is the login page is a popup dialog. Does 1Password normally work with this type of login?

With best regards,

Jeff

Comments

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    JeffS wrote:

I am logging into http://my.safaribooksonline.com and 1Password is not recognizing and saving the login information.

I've just taken a look at this and 1Password can be taught how to fill that login page correctly. The problem you are encountering is probably because 1Password has saved information about the site's sign-up form, but that doesn't match their login form well enough.

So here's what to do in cases where you want to reteach 1Password about a login page's details.

Go to the login page and ...

1. Enter your username and password, but do not submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and choose Save Login.
    3. Set the Action field to Replace <login-name> to update the existing Login item.
    4. Click the Save button.

After that, 1Password should have no difficulty filling out that page.

One thing different with this site is the login page is a popup dialog. Does 1Password normally work with this type of login?

As you will see, 1Password can fill in this form once it gets a chance to learn about the form fields.

But you are correct that pop-up login forms are harder than others for 1Password to fill. In particular those that use Flash instead of HTML are not fillable. In such cases, sites usually have alternative logon pages that will work.

Fortunately in this case, 1Password does work properly on the main login page.

I hope this helps. Please post if you have any other questions or observations.

Cheers,

-j
This discussion has been closed.