Backup items count different from All Items count

Options
rl50
rl50
Community Member

Hi there. I've got a question. Sorry, if it's been answered already somewhere.

I have currently 172 items in "All Items" and that is indeed the number of visible items in that list. However, for some reason 184 items get backed up when I click "Backup now" in settings. (Trash is empty. So, that cannot be the reason.)

I've set up another Mac to sync with the first one via iCloud. On that Mac I have 172 items in "All items" too, and 172 items get backed up.

Now, I'm wondering, is that difference between 172 visible items and 184 backup items ok? Or does it indicate a bug?

(1Password 4.1, German version, OS X 10.9.1 on both Macs)

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rl50,

The number of items shown for backup files can be confusing because that includes Tombstones, which are created whenever an item is deleted permanently. The reason for the Tombstones has to do with syncing - so they're necessary, although they certainly cause confusion when looking at the number of items in a backup file! :)

So the simple answer is to not worry about the number of items in the backup file. If you want to make sure both Macs have the same number of items in 1Password, you can compare the number of All Items (plus the number in Trash, if any).

This discussion has been closed.