Problem(s) With 1Password in Firefox on Mac

Options
EricRFMA
EricRFMA
Community Member

Hello...

I have two problems with 1Password in Firefox on the Mac. These have been going on for a while, in 1Password 3 and now (at least on of them) in 1Password 4.

First, the versions: Firefox 25.0.1, Mac OX 10.8.5 (same issues in 10.7.5). 1Password 3 and 4 were at the most recent versions.

Problem 1: The 1Password icon disappears from the Navigation Toolbar. This happens seemingly randomly. If I disable then re-enable the 1Password extension, then the icon reappears and all seems to be well.

Problem 2: I'm not sure this happens in 1Password 4 or not, since I only just installed it, but it's chronic in 1Password 3. This is also a seemingly random occurrence, where, when I click the 1Password icon and the web page I'm on does not appear at the top of the list (it says it doesn't know about it). This happens even when I've filled in the login information for the page before using 1Password. If, in the 1Password pulldown menu, I click on the gear, I select Troubleshooting information (I can't remember the actual wording), which opens another tab with system information, then close the tab, returning to the original one, then when I click on the 1Password icon, the web site name appears at the top as it always had.

Thank you for your help!

-Eric :-?

Comments

• EricRFMA
    EricRFMA
    Community Member
    Options

I've discovered problem #2 has been happening in 1Password 4, but I think it's due to the URL of the web site being different when it prompts for a password (i.e., the URL has changed).

But the first problem is happening a lot. Ironically, it happened when I went to use 1Password to sign in to this discussion forum. I have to go into the Firefox Add-Ons window, and disable, then re-enable, 1Password to get the navigation bar 1Password button to reappear.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @EricRFMA.

I'm sorry you're having these issues with 1Password. You mention using both 1P3 and 1P4, although it's unclear to me if that's on the same system or different ones. Please help me get that sorted out so I can better help you get your problems with both sorted out. :)

• EricRFMA
    EricRFMA
    Community Member
    Options

Oops, sorry! I had been using 1P3 for a long time, then uninstalled it, then installed 1P4. The 1P icon in the navigation bar is continuing to disappear. I haven't been able to figure out if there are specific circumstances where this happens. Thanks (in advance) for your help!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @EricRFMA.

Thanks for that extra information. When the 1P4 extension icon disappears does 1P mini still open using either of the keyboard shortcuts?

So we can get a better idea of what's happening please send a Diagnostics Report from your Mac that's having the problem; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• EricRFMA
    EricRFMA
    Community Member
    Options

Just when I thought you had scared it away, it just now came back. Here's the scoop:

I was on a page, filling out a form, when I noticed the 1P4 icon was missing.
    I opened up a new page (this one) and noticed that the 1P4 icon does show up on this page (which is something new... usually once it's gone, it's gone). 1P4 mini is still in my menu bar, and still opens, but for some reason wouldn't fill in an identity for me on the page in question (the fields might just not match, not sure). Cmd-\ opens the mini, but it's displaying the agilebits site at the top of the menu, even though I'm not on the agilebits site at the time.

The diagnostic report has been generated and sent.

Thanks for your help!

-Eric

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Report received, @EricRFMA -- thanks! After analyzing it we'll follow up more with you about this issue through email.

This discussion has been closed.