If I use this on Macbook Pro, iPhone, iPad and my Windows PC do I need to buy 4 licenses?

Options
Brian Ripley
Brian Ripley
Community Member

I am considering using 1Password on 4 separate machines (linked with iCloud). Do I need to buy licenses for each machine?

THanks

Comments

• Jasper
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hey Brian,

AgileBits licenses are per-user, and per-platform. I'll outline the options for you.

For Mac & Windows:

• You could buy the 1Password Mac + Windows Bundle at the AgileBits web store. If you're the only one that will be using it, you'll want to purchase the single user license (will work on as many computers as you personally use).

• If you prefer to buy 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store (if iCloud syncing is very important to you, this might be a good idea), then you can make the purchase on the MAS, and email AgileBits at support@agilebits.com (with a copy of your MAS receipt) to get the bundle price on the Windows version separately.

It's also worth noting that any purchase of 1Password for Windows now includes a free upgrade to 1Password 4 for Windows when it's released.

For iPhone & iPad:

• 1Password for iOS is a universal app (works on both iPhone & iPad) available in the App Store. Purchases made through Apple are tied to the Apple ID used to make the purchase. So all your iPhones and iPads can use this one purchase as long as they are signed into the App Store with the same Apple ID.

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask if you need any more details! :)

• Brian Ripley
    Brian Ripley
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your reply. That helps.

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    Options

One thing to keep in mind in this scenario is that 1Password on Windows doesn't have iCloud support, and may never will. It's possible this is something that's being worked on for a possible future release (hint: AgileBits' beta program for Windows) but I would think that Apple would have to provide the iCloud underpinnings for Windows… not AgileBits.

• Brian Ripley
    Brian Ripley
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, I will need to sync Windows using Dropbox or something similar? Or can I do it wirelessly?

• You'll need to use Dropbox sync with Windows. :D

This discussion has been closed.